Sites offering consumer information and reviews of educational toys. Educational Toys and Games Consumer Information Home.
Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, but learners may also educate themselves. Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy. Education is commonly divided formally into such stages as preschool or kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and then college, university, or apprenticeship. A right to education has been recognized by some governments and the United Nations. In most regions, education is compulsory up to a certain age.
- Education Category
- Alternative education - Alternative education encompasses many pedagogical approaches differing from mainstream pedagogy. Such alternative learning environments may be found within state, charter, and independent schools as well as home-based learning environments.
- Bildung - Bildung refers to the German tradition of self-cultivation, wherein philosophy and education are linked in a manner that refers to a process of both personal and cultural maturation.
- Co-teaching - Co-teaching is when two educators work together to plan, organize, instruct and make assessments on the same group of students, sharing the same classroom.
- Education for Sustainable Development - Sustainability education, Education for Sustainability, and Education for Sustainable Development are interchangeable terms describing the practice of teaching for sustainability. ESD is the term most used internationally and by the United Nations.
- Educational technology - Educational technology is "the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources".
- Glossary of education terms Meanings
- Knowledge sharing
- Consumer-generated Epinions: Educational Toys www
Consumer-generated reviews, Educational Toys, buying tips and advice, ratings, price information, and searchable in a variety of ways from price to product type. Epinions: Educational Toys.
- Non-profit, Canadian Toy Testing Council www
Non-profit, Toy Testing Council, charitable organization that offers evaluations of toys tested by children in everyday settings, to assess design, function, durability and play value. Canadian Toy Testing Council.
- Choosing Virginia Cooperative Extension: Tips on Toys www
Choosing safe toys, Cooperative Extension: Tips on Toys, organized by age of the child. Virginia Cooperative Extension: Tips on Toys.
- Alexa: Educational Toys and Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Educational Toys and Games
- DMOZ: Educational Toys and Games
dmoz.org Directory: Educational Toys and Games