This section is for information about Amusement Parks and their rides. Sites in this section address consumer concerns such as safety and ride information. Amusement Parks Sports and Recreation Consumer Information Home.
- Wikipedia: An amusement park is a park that features various attractions, such as rides and games, as well as other events for entertainment purposes. A theme park is a type of amusement park that bases its structures and attractions around a central theme, often featuring multiple areas with different themes. Unlike temporary and mobile funfairs and carnivals, amusement parks are stationary and built for long-lasting operation. They are more elaborate than city parks and playgrounds, usually providing attractions that cater to a variety of age groups. While amusement parks often contain themed areas, theme parks place a heavier focus with more intricately-designed themes that revolve around a particular subject or group of subjects. Amusement parks evolved from European fairs, pleasure gardens and large picnic areas, which were created for people's recreation. World's fairs and other types of international expositions also influenced the emergence of the amusement park industry.
- Amusement parks
- Safer Parks www
Designed to help consumers learn about amusement ride safety. Parks. Safety tips and statistics come from governmental and industry sources. Includes a section on legislation, such as the National Amusement Park Ride Safety Act.
- Theme Park Insider www
Readers' picks for top theme parks and attractions for adults, Park Insider, kids, and toddlers. Includes reviews, links, discussion board, and safety and accident information.
- Amusement Theme Park Brochures www
Amusement and theme park brochures and maps. Theme Park Brochures.
- Trade International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions www
Trade association created to serve family fun centers, Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, amusement parks, waterparks, attractions and the manufacturers and suppliers that serve them. Includes news releases, advisories, and government information for consumers. International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.
- The Directory of State Amusement Ride Safety Officials www
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission's list of state offices dedicated to ride safety. State Amusement Ride Safety Officials. [PDF Format - Requires Adobe Acrobat]. Directory of State Amusement Ride Safety Officials.
- A Roller Coaster Database www
A searchable database with information and statistics roller coasters in North America. Roller Coaster Database.
- Complete Amusement Ride Accident Reports and News www
Complete resource of amusement ride accident reports and safety information. Ride Accident Reports and News. This website documents the history of amusement ride fatalities in the United States since 1972, and includes more recent accounts of non-fatal accidents. Amusement Ride Accident Reports and News.
- Exhibit Amusement Park Physics www
Exhibit showing how the laws of physics affect amusement park design. Park Physics. Design your own rollercoaster. Find out information about amusement park ride safety statistics and related information. Amusement Park Physics.
- Gear Thebackpacker.com www
Gear reviews from a keyword searchable index. Thebackpacker.com.
- Publishes World Publications www
Publishes Water Ski, Publications, Wake Boarding, Kite Boarding, Saveur, Garden Design, Caribbean Travel and Life, Boating Life, and many other magazines. Offers market and editorial overviews, contributor information, rate card and links to magazine sites. World Publications.
- Alexa: Amusement Parks Sports and Recreation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Amusement Parks Sports and Recreation
- DMOZ: Amusement Parks Sports and Recreation
dmoz.org Directory: Amusement Parks Sports and Recreation